A heat pump is great for keeping your home comfortable. Thanks to the incredible technology they use, they offer year-round benefits without excessively high costs. What’s not to love?
However, as great as they are, these systems aren’t invincible.
Just like any system, a heat pump will eventually encounter trouble. When this happens, you will need to reach out for professional heat pump repair in Northfield, NJ. Let’s look at the different signs that you may need repairs and why getting them done now is the best idea possible.
Signs you need heat pump repair
Here are some warning signs that will tell you if and when you need to talk to a professional about scheduling heat pump repairs:
- The system is short cycling: It turns on to start cooling things off only to shut off after a few brief minutes and then start up all over again. Short cycling sounds wrong because it is a big issue for your system that will take a larger toll the longer it goes on.
- The temperature is wrong: You want to cool the house but you can’t seem to get the heat pump to create cool air. You may have a refrigerant leak or a stuck reversing valve.
- Airflow is weak: If the airflow coming from your vents or your air handler isn’t very strong, there is an issue with your heat pump. You may have a broken fan, leaky ductwork, or a clogged filter.
- Your energy bills are high: When you run your heat pump, you notice that your energy bills spike. This is an indicator that there is trouble in your system that needs to be fixed before it costs you your heat pump.
- There is something leaking from the system: Have you noticed signs of a leak around your system? That’s not okay! Heat pumps don’t use water to do their job which means that you have a clogged condensate line, refrigerant leak, or something else going on.
Prompt repairs stop trouble now and later
If you notice that there is a problem with your heat pump, it is a good idea to reach out for repairs now. For one thing, prompt repairs will ensure you can stay comfortable throughout the rest of the summer season. For another, getting repairs now benefit you come wintertime too since your heat pump will be in better shape to do its job already.
Why delaying is a bad idea
Maybe you know you need repairs but you’ve been putting it off. We get that things can get busy but we strongly advise finding time to get those repairs taken care of. Prompt repairs now will save you time, money, and stress later on.
When your heat pump needs help, make sure you are reaching out to a professional team to get the job done. The team at Elliott-McElwee, Inc. is here to provide the repair services you need. All you have to do is contact us.
Schedule an appointment with the experts on our team today. Your comfort is our business.