How well is your air conditioner working? Maybe you’ve noticed an uptick in problems with your system or a gradual decrease in your comfort level. You’ve been diligent about maintenance and filter checks but they don’t seem to be making a difference. If this situation sounds familiar, then you may have a system in need of an AC replacement in Egg Harbor Township, NJ.
Whether you need to replace your system now or you need to prepare to get your replacement done as soon as summer wraps up, you’ll need to be prepared. Here are the warning signs that will let you know it’s time to start discussing your AC options with a technician.
5 Indicators That You Will Need an AC Upgrade Soon
It is a good idea to be prepared! Check for these warning signs so that you can get ready for your next AC replacement ahead of time.
- System age: Age is a number that matters when it comes to figuring out how much longer your AC will last. An air conditioner that is between 10 and 15 years old may need a replacement sooner than later. Even if your system is this age and still operates, it can’t compare with the efficiency of other, more modern units.
- System repair frequency: Every air conditioner needs a repair eventually. But overly frequent repairs are a sign of a system on its way out. If you need repairs once a year or even more often than that, you’ll want to look into a system replacement.
- System repair price: The cost of those repairs is another indicator to keep track of. Maybe your repairs aren’t too frequent but they have gotten to be a bit more pricey than you’re comfortable with. A repair cost that could pay for half or more of the price of a new system is a sign that you need a new system!
- System efficiency: The repair bills aren’t the only bills to keep an eye on! Make sure to keep tabs on your energy bills over the years. If there has been a steady increase in your monthly energy costs each summer, then you may have a system that is starting to lose its efficiency, despite expert service.
- System effectiveness: Last but not least, double-check how effective your AC is. Is the system taking longer to cool down the house properly? Is it even able to cool the house down the way you want? If the effectiveness of your air conditioner isn’t what it used to be despite regular maintenance and appropriate repairs, then it is time to consider an upgrade.
Let Us Help You Find Your Next AC System
Maybe you have an air conditioner in mind that you’ve been dreaming of getting into your home. Or perhaps you have no idea where to start. Whatever your situation, if you need to start preparing for a replacement, our team is here to help you every step of the way. You can count on our technicians to:
- Assess your AC to see if and when you need a replacement
- Assess your home’s cooling needs to help you select the best new AC
- Get your replacement scheduled and taken care of when the time comes
Our expert technicians are ready to help you.